The Pikesville Chamber of Commerce had its annual Taste of Pikesville event at the Hyatt in Baltimore April 26, 2017. Foodies, bloggers, and B-more media elite convened to dine on delectable treats, party with a moving mannequin (only in Baltimore), and try to out-scheme a legit magician (again, only in Baltimore).
A portion of the proceeds went to Baltimore Hunger Project, a 501(c)3 non-profit charity that feeds hungry children on weekends during the school year.
Sherryn Daniel’s Blog (moi) was a very proud sponsor of this event. Baltimore’s children are the future, and without proper nutrition, that future could fall on the wayside.
Notable vendors such as: Wegmans, Akbar Restaurant, Bagby Pizza, Baltimore Whiskey Company, Bonefish Grill, Citron, Eggspectation, Great Shoals, Inka Grill, Linganore Wine, Mari Luna, Miski, Mezcal, Mr. Chan Asian Bistro, Raven Beer, Silk Road, Whole Foods, and Wyndridge Farm had an array of food, drink, and memories that I don’t even think the written word could do much justice to.
So when I first arrived, I was treated to complimentary valet service (a perk for all guests) and was quickly sent to the VIF room (VIP but with more Oomph). Here, exclusive media guests and the exclusive B-more guests schmoozed, dined, and conversed in style. Here I was able to taste the greatest latka that ever graced my mouth and also swigged a delightful tropical juice to amplify that moment in my memory.
When general admission opened up, I was able to partake in the following sans regret:
- Lamb burgers: These burgers were cooked medium rare and were paired with a tart sauce, arugula, and extra attention. I regret not eating three more.
- Gazpacho: This silky, red, drink of the Gods made a beeline to my belly and had a blissful ride down. I liked how the soup was smooth without too much of an acidic overbite.
- Macaroons: VIF had an impressive Macaroons display paired with chocolate lava cakes. I have an insatiable sweet tooth so this display was up my ally.
- Great Ales: Although I am not a Baltimore native nor much of a beer drinker (except Mexican and English beers), I will say that Baltimore craft beers are really good. Support local and buy Baltimore.
- Uzbeki Food: My memory is shaky on what I ate but I know what I ate was worth it. I don’t know very many Uzbeki food places but if I do a quick Google search, I am sure I can find that one restaurant in Baltimore that has THE BEST!
I’m a hardcore foodie so I was shocked, in a good way, with Baltimore’s up-and-coming food scene. Baltimore is an underrated food city but accurately rated sports city (Love the Ravens and O’s so I am very biased). Taste of Pikesville was the best way for anyone curious to get a quick sample of some of the best the city has to offer.
About Pikesville Chamber of Commerce
The Pikesville Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting and improving the business community in Pikesville. The Chamber works in partnership with the residential communities and local government to create an environment that is a great place to live, work and shop.